1. What was the best thing you did this summer? What are you most looking forward to this fall?
2. Why is church best described as a family? How has the Wellspring family been a blessing to you? How can your small group be praying for you this year?
3. Read Prov. 16:9; Ps. 46:10; 139:13-17; Jer. 29:11. Why is it a comfort to know that our lives are a biography written by God? Why do we tend to want to write our own story? What have been some of the best chapters of your life? What have been some of the most challenging?
4. Read Matt 11:28-30; Gal 2:20; Col 3:1-4. Why do we tend to define ourselves based on what we do or on our accomplishments? What is the basis of our identity? How should that impact the way we value things?
5. Read Gal 5:22-24; Eph 4:32. Why is it easy to agree with the ideas of grace and forgiveness but struggle with it in the context of real relationships? Why are we called to show this to one another? What happens if we don’t?
6. Why is an unchanged Christian something that doesn’t exist? Why is change not something that happens overnight but is a work in progress? See Rom 12:2; Phil 1:6. How can we encourage others instead of demanding perfection from them?