Week of Sept 23, 2018
What can I do during this time of transition?
- Pray for the leadership of Wellspring to lead godly and wisely
- Pray for the interim pastor to faithfully serve during this time
- Pray for the search team, that they would be faithful and diligent in their task
- Pray for the membership of Wellspring to stay engaged and patient
- Pray for the next pastor of Wellspring – God knows who he is
2) Get involved in the life of Wellspring during this time
- Worship – regularly attend service
- Learn – connect to a class and life group and grow spiritually
- Relate – enjoy the fellowship of Wellspring in a variety of events and activities, get to know new people
- Serve – find your niche in a ministry that suits you, and serve others
- Give – remain faithful to financially support Wellspring as you are able
3) Be positive
- Choose to see this time as a part of God’s plan for Wellspring
- Ask God to help you see the good things He is doing in and through Wellspring
- Encourage the leaders, teachers, and others here at Wellspring
- Choose to understand leadership’s desire to move Wellspring forward and follow God’s leading for a new chapter in the life of our church
4) Step up
- Recognize that this is a unique time in the life of the church and an opportunity for you to share in the work and ministry of the church
- Explore opportunities and ways that you can serve – contact a ministry leader, pastor or elder.
- Choose to take a step up in your attendance, your participation, your involvement, your prayer life, your giving, your personal, daily walk with God.
- Consistently ask God to grow you in areas and ways that He knows you need
- Find a friend you trust who will agree to partner with you and help you to discover the areas and ways that you can grow.
- Deepen your dependence on God, seeking to find your security and significance in Him and not in any other thing, person or place.
- Commit to a daily quiet time with God; reading his Word, praying and seeking His leading in every aspect of your life.